Chandigarh to Shimla Today, we will arrive at the Chandigarh Airport/ Railway station. Over there, you will be received by our tour representative who will take you to the Himalayan Foothills which have also been considered as the summer capital of India in the British era.
If upon reaching we find enough bandwidth available , we will go visit the Mall road which gets breathtakingly beautiful during and after sundown. After that, we will have dinner and rest.
Overnight stay at Shimla
Shimla to Sangla Today, we will travel from Shimla to Sangla via Narkanda. On our way, we will cover Rampur. Upon reaching Sangla, we will check- in our stay and spend the rest of the night in leisure at our stay over there.
- Narkanda- Tiny villages on the tiny roads of Thanadar and Narkanda make you go lost in the beauty of the place in such a way that one can never get enough of looking at it. Thanadar is the village where Asia’s first Apples were planted by a Britisher.
- Rampur- Also known as the winter capital of Bushahr dynasty. Over here, one can visit the beautiful Padam palace which nestled calmly in the middle of a bustling market. One can also attend the prayers at Bhima Kali temple.
- Sangla- With the Baspa river magically weaving itself through the forested slopes, this exquisite stretch of the Sangla Valley is a sight to behold. Known predominantly for its agriculture, almost every house in Sangla will have cultivations of apples, pears, walnuts, apricots or potatoes.
Overnight stay at Sangla
Sangla to Tabo Today, we will head towards Tabo. On our way, we will visit various villages like that of the Pooh, Khab and the other tourist attractions as well like the Koh loops and the Nako monastery and lake. Upon reaching Tabo, we will spend some time roaming around, visiting a few places and then finally check- in the hotel to spend the rest of the evening in leisure.
- Pooh- Also known as Spuwa, this region is home to rivers surrounded by high peaks that are known for their lush green nature.
- Khab- It is the confluence of the Satluj and the Spiti river where the Satluj river enters in India from China.The confluence has a beauty that cannot be defined.
- Koh Loops- For every adrenaline junky and nature lover, Koh Loops are like a dream come true. These hairpin turns are so thrilling that one shares its stories only as one of the trip’s bests. With every turn, there comes a serene landscape making all the goosebumps worth it. These loops are very sharp and alongside, they are also quite beautiful. Brown mountains covered in snow sheets getting discovered by passing through sharp loops/ turns is all Koh Loops about.
- After Khab, we will enter the Hangrang valley through Koh loops. The Hangrang valley starts to give the vibes of Spiti valley. After spending some time over there, we will head towards the Nako village. Nako village is the first culturally Spitian village that we will come across today.
It houses a beautiful monastery and breathtaking lake both of which we will visit.
Onwards, we will enter the Lahaul-Spiti district in Sumdo village in Tabo.
Overnight stay at Tabo
Tabo to Pin valley Today, we will travel from Tabo to Pin valley. Pack your shoes for the day because we might also take an optional lake trek. Beauty of this route and the adventure of day 6 cannot be expressed in words. On our way to Pin valley, we will explore the villages and the monasteries of Tabo and then head towards the Dhankar monastery and lake where we will take our optional trek plan into action. Upon reaching Pin valley, we will check- in our stay and spend the rest of the evening mesmerized by the serenity that we experienced throughout the day.
- Tabo- Tabo houses an ancient monastery which is known to be one of the holiest. It is known to be a thousand years old and it is also where monks used to meditate. The aura of this place is so positive that one can feel relaxed the moment one has stepped in the village. - Dhankar Monastery- This monastery is located atop a hill and overlooks the confluence of Spiti and Pin rivers. The beauty of this monastery itself is quite splendid.
- Dhankar lake- Dhankar lake is a 1.5 hours trek at a very high altitude. It is a beautiful, blue water lake and is surrounded by gigantic brown coloured mountains. To sit beside the lake on a rock and take in the splendid landscape is a bliss in its own.
Overnight stay in Pin valley
Pin valley to Kaza will require you to pass through a bridge the both sides of which gives the splendid view of dark brown gigantic mountains and the river floating cutting through them. Pin valley to Kaza is not too long a trip and so this day is to go on explorations of not just the surroundings but of your own self as well.
We will start moving in the morning and reach Kaza by the day.
On our way to Kaza, we will pass through Kungri and will take a visiting halt at the same. We will visit the Kungri Gompa which is the second oldest monastery in Spiti valley. Established in 1330 the Gompa is noted for its sword dance by the buzhens of Mudh village on the right bank of the Pin River.
After spending some time over there, we will reach Kaza. Upon reaching, we will check- in the stay and spend the rest of the day strolling around. We can also visit the Pin Valley National park known for its diverse flora and fauna.
Overnight stay at Kaza
Kaza local sights After a back breaking and bumpy road trip so far, we need to refuel ourselves with energy for the next phase of our journey. Hence a day in and around Kaza for sightseeing. We will start in the morning after having our breakfasts.
Kaza is the sub divisional headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. We will leave from Kaza and move towards the village called Langza.
This picturesque village is blessed with ancient monasteries and buildings of the prehistoric era. It is surrounded by green pastures, snow-clad mountains and barren landscapes that awe-struck every person who visits this stunning location, which is certainly one of the best places in the whole Spiti Valley.
After Langza, we will head towards Hikkim. Hikkim is one of the highest year-round inhabited locations in India hosting the HIGHEST POST OFFICE in the WORLD.
After Hikkim, we will move towards Komik. The picturesque Lahaul and Spiti Valley embraces several treasures in its vicinity and Komik is one such place, which is set beautifully amid the stunning mountains in the state of Himachal Pradesh in North India. Komik Village is the highest village in Asia. After Komik, we will head towards Ki and then take a return journey to Kaza.
Also known as Kye Gompa or Key Monastery, this monastery is a Tibetan Buddhist Monastery and is located atop a hill at an altitude of 4166 metres. The views of and from the monastery are breathtaking and one can never have enough of the sight. The monastery has been featured in the Bollywood movies like Highway and the aura that it spreads are peaceful and positive. The monastery is home to 250 Lamas and is the training ground for the respective. The splendid architecture of the monastery will make you spell- bound and the vibes spread by the prayer wheels are so soothing that you won’t feel like leaving.
Overnight stay at Kaza
Kaza to chandra tal - After an early morning breakfast, we will start the day by heading towards the snow leopard village - Kibber via Chicham pass which is the world's highest bridge at 4037m(13,244ft) from sea level. Crossing the infamous Kunzum pass, we will take an off road to Chandratal along the river Chenab.
It is one of the most beautiful lakes of Himachal. Spending evening at the bank of lake or offering respects by taking a walk through the periphery of the lake (Pradakshina) not only gives the Spiritual feels but also gives the serenity of different areas around the lake - from mountain slopes to marshes to streams bringing glacial melted water into the lake. Herds of sheep, goats and yak grazing around, hunter birds like Himalayan Griffon, Lammergeier, Golden Eagle, and many more signs of wildlife are present in the protected region of Chandra tal.
Places that we will visit:
Kunzum mata temple
Overnight stay at Chandratal in a campsite a few kms away from the lake.
Chandra tal to Manali - Our Last phase of the safari begins today. We will head towards Manali via the Rohtang pass while we cherish the beautiful landscapes on our way. We will also visit Batal, Chhatru and Gramphu. Upon reaching Manali, we will check- in our stay and spend the rest of the evening in leisure.
- Batal- Surrounded by mountains, Chenab flows right through the middle of this little settlement located in the Pir Panjal valley.
- Chhatru- Chhatru is the place where you can stop and take a lunch halt with a spectacular view or rather, spectacular views all around you.
- Gramphu- Gramphu is from where you can experience the beauty of the Chandra Tal lake, snow- clad mountains and colourful monasteries. It is also where the spiti cut can be found.
If we get lucky enough to find enough bandwidth, we will take to ourselves some breathing room as we will get the chance to explore the lush greenery of Manali. We can roam around on the mall road or opt for some sightseeing enroute. We may also take a dip in the natural hot water spring of Vashisht but only if time permits.
The trip ends after breakfast today.
You may leave luggage at the hotel cloak room and explore around the Manali town on your own. A cab will be arranged till Manali Volvo stand(Pvt or govt) for the drop according to your Volvo bus timings.
Those who have opted for extended package
Manali local Extended
Wake up early morning with the chirps of regional birds. Get freshen up and head for a mini-adventure surprise activity. After lunch we head for sights for the day. Witnessing the history of not only Himachali culture but also peep into history of India and ourselves, we return by sun down to explore fantastic cafes on the rolling roads of Old Manali.
Places: Hadimba, Vashisht, Naggar castle, Jagatsukh temple, Old Manali
Night at Manali
Manali to Mandi - Extended Today we will head towards Mandi from Manali and on our way, we will visit the Prashar lake. It’s one of the most beautiful lakes of Himachal in the Mandi district. The lake is situated on the top of a mountain and is known to be a popular trek amongst various adventure enthusiasts. The breathtaking views from the top of the mountain, being above the clouds, layers of Dhauladhar mountain range one after another, the wind, mysterious tiny moving islands in the lake are a few things you can’t get enough of.
After spending some relaxing time near the lake, we will head towards Mandi and stay the night over there upon reaching and checking- in.
Overnight stay at Mandi.
Mandi to Chandigarh - Extended Today, we will bid our goodbyes as we leave from Mandi and move towards Chandigarh to catch our evening flight back home in which we will carry great memories and the calmness of the mountains.