||Breakfast, Dinner, Unlimited, Jain Available
||Sep to April
||Cold, Very Cold, Rainy, Windy, Dry, Humid
||Beginners, Experienced, Family, Couple(s)
||Standard, Deluxe, Premium
|Arrival at Bagdogra – transfer to Gangtok
Today we arrive at the New Jalpaiguri Railway Station/Bagdogra Airport(IXB). Over there, you will be met by our official representative. He will assist you with the procedure of how you will be taken to Gangtok. Upon arriving at the most visited spot of India, Gangtok, you will be taken to your hotel where you will check- in and spend the evening in leisure. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Visit to Tsomgo lake and Baba mandir
Today, you will start your day with a mouth- filling breakfast at the hotel in the morning. After that, we will take an excursion to the Tsomgo lake and the Baba Mandir.
The Tsomgo Lake is an oval shaped lake and is nearly 50 feet deep. It is covered in snow for most of the year and is home to the Brahmini ducks & many migratory birds.
Not very far from the lake is the sacred Baba Mandir. The mandir is known to be a very holy site for all.
Nathula Pass is 20 kms from the Republic of China. This is an optional trip and can tell our team if you want to opt for the same.
After travelling to all these places, we will move back to Gangtok where you can have your evening free. Meanwhile, you can stroll around the city and shop on the MG road which is a mall.
Overnight stay at Gangtok.
NOTE- In case of Landslide or due to any other reasons if Tshangu Lake is closed then an alternate sightseeing will be provided.
Gangtok to Lachen – Enroute visit Tashi view point, Bhim nala waterfalls, Seven sisters waterfall
Today, we start early with a tummy- filling breakfast. After that, we will enroute Lachen which is 35 kms from Chungthang. On our way, we will visit Tashi view point and the Bhim Nala Waterfalls. Tashi view point is the only spot through which you can see Mount K2 or Mount Kanchenjunga. The view point is perfect to witness the beauty of Gangtok in the form of its majestic, snow- clad mountains. Also known as the Amitabh Bacchan falls, the Bhim Nala waterfalls are one of the tallest waterfalls in Sikkim. The surroundings of this waterfall makes a very picturesque, breathtaking view. After spending time over there, we will come back to Lachen in the late afternoon and then head straight to enroute the Seven Sister Waterfalls. After that, we will head to the hotel and you can check- in and spend the evening in leisure.
Overnight stay in Lachen.
Lachen - visit Gurudongmar lake and then to Lachung
Today, we will start early at 4am to Gurudongmar lake. By 11am we plan to cross the barrier for return journey to Lachen.
breath taking beauty of world's highest lake - Gurudonmar makes you spellbound. You might face little bit of head ache or dizziness despite of spending decent time acclimatizing at the high altitudes. Though we don't take it lightly, return back to Lachen and have our lunch, quickly head towards Lachung.
upon arrival at Lachung, we rest for some time, grab dinner and retire for the day.
Lachung - Yumthang valley, zero point and back to Lachung
Even today we start the day little late around 6am. We don't wish to miss out on the mountain beauty early morning cherishing yumthang valley all the way to zero point is a breath taking journey.
Zero point, also known as the Yumesamdong is the place where the road ends. It is located 15 kms away from Yumthang and is situated at an altitude of 4724 meters. The point marks the end of the civilization and this is where the confluence of the three magnificent rivers happen. It offers some breathtaking views that makes the place a complete no-miss.
Yumthang is situated at an elevation of nearly 11800 feet and a drive to the place is an exceptional experience. On our way, we will visit the famous hot spring which is known for its curative properties for skin diseases. In spring the valley erupts in riots of colors as Primulae, Rhododendrons and many other Alpine flowers can be seen fully blooming. Adding to the beauty, the valley along with it will be seen covered with snow but that will not be the same in the season of autumn. During winter Yumthang is usually somber with snow all around and the snow-clad mountains add to the ethereal beauty.
Overnight stay at Lachung.
Lachung to Gangtok, visit Ganesh tok on the way
Today, we start early in the morning and move towards Gangtok. On our way to Gangtok, we will visit Ganesh Tok. The Ganesh Tok is located at an altitude of 6500 m above sea level. What is special about this temple is that it can accommodate only one person at a time and one has to literally crawl to reach at the end of the temple. The end of the temple is not only worth it because of way comes in our way through the journey, but it is also worth it because at the end of the temple, you can see the serene view of the town of Gangtok, the Raj Bhavan complex and Mount K2 all together. This makes for a breathtaking view that one should really not miss. After spending some time at the temple, we will head towards our hotel in which you will check- in and spend your evening in leisure.
Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Gangtok to Pelling. Visit Buddha park at Ravangla enroute
Today, you will get transferred to Pelling. Early in the morning, on our way to Pelling, we will enroute Ravangla and visit the Buddha park. The Buddha park of Ravangla is also known as the Tathagata Sthal. Over here, you will see the 130 foot high statue of Buddha and will feel the splendid spiritual vibes. Trekking your way to the statue, you can read the encryptions on the paintings that tell the complete life story of Buddha. The spiritual environment over here will make you feel positive and secure like no other place in Sikkim. After strolling over there for sometime, you will be taken to your hotel at Pelling where you will check- in and spend the night in leisure.
Overnight stay at Pelling.
Pelling city tour – Rabdentse ruins, Pemalingpa monastery, Kechopari lake & Chenrezig statue
Toay, after having breakfast at the hotel, we will spend the whole day sightseeing locally. The places that we will visit are-
Rimbi water Falls, Orange Garden, Khecheopalri Lake which is known to be a holy Buddhist lake and is believed to make any wish come true. After the lake, we will visit Kanchenjunga waterFalls, Pemayangtse Monastery and Rabdantse ruins. The scenic view from the top of the ruin to the mystic heights of Kanchendzonga ranges is something that is needed to be cherished.
We will also visit the PemaLingpa monastery and the Chenrezig statue.
The PemaLingpa monastery, also known as the Tamshing Monastery, was built by Pema Lingpa in 1501. The monastery is home to one of the oldest wall paintings in Bhutan and houses the statue of Gruru Rinmpoche. The temple has an iron net which was made by Pema Lingpa when he was 8 years old. It is said that whosoever comes in contact with that net, gets his/her sins ridden of.
The Chenrezig Statue is the tallest in the world and repletes with a skywalk.
After this, we end the day by dropping you off at the hotel where you can spend the evening either in leisure of roaming around the helipad or the shopping center.
Overnight stay at Pelling.
Pelling to Bagdogra Airport
We will start early today as you may have to travel to the Bagdogra Airport to catch homeward flight in time with happy memories.
- Warm clothes, gloves, good warm sweaters, jackets, inner thermal wear
- Windcheater/Raincoat, cap, sunglasses, towel, napkin, sanitary requisites
- small shoulder bag/backpack/day pack
- Non disposable water bottle (at least 1 litre), Torch, Spare batteries for torch, Shoes,
- Flip flops, Camera (optional), Dry snacks and munching, energy bars
- Sun cream, cold cream, moisturizers
- Personal medicines if any
- Smiling face and positive attitude
This one is VERY important. Here's the list
- Alcohol, smoke, Pan-gutka, Tobaco
- Wireless, Valuables and Jewelry (unless you can take care of yourself and you are responsible for it if you bring)
- Paper plates, Plastic disposable water bottles and other cutlery items
- Negative attitude and fear
- Accommodation standard category hotels/guest house at Gangtok, Pelling AND homestays in North Sikkim (Lachen & Lachung).
- Meals - Breakfast and Dinner at Accommodation (simple, veg, locally available and freshly cooked)
- Transport Tourist vehicle depending on your group size (vehicle like xylo/innova - Bolero/Sumo in North Sikkim)
- Reliable experienced local resident driver cum guide with intense knowledge of area, terrain, people and culture
- Driver charges, Driver accommodation, fuel, inter-state toll, Parking charges during the journey
- Transfers as specified in itinerary and vehicle on non-disposal basis
- Travel ticket charges from home to Reporting point AND End point to home ie Flight, train, bus etc..
- Add-on charges to Yumthang valley - zero point, Singshore Suspension Bridge in Pelling at actuals directly payable to the driver.
- Meals other than specified (First day Breakfast and last day dinner, meals at Kaza and Manali(to cherish delicacies at the cafes) , all lunches - as they will be on the way to sights at Dhaba/restaurants)
- Camera fees, Monument entry charges, Rafting or other activities, Personal expenses, optional tours
- Room Service Fees, porterage charges, tips, phone calls, laundry, shopping or other personal costs
- Medical, Travel insurance
- Cost arise due to any emergency, weather instability or political unrest or such unpredictable and uncontrollable situations
- Additional usage of vehicles to the sights not mentioned in the itinerary, market visits etc
- Any charges that are not mentioned in inclusions
Consult your family physician before visiting Himalayan High-altitude region, get some idea about your fitness and take their advice seriously to improve fitness level for this region.
Many Travel operators suggest some medicines to help your body adapt / acclimatize on such altitudes but some contents of the medicine may or may not be suitable for your body and result in allergic reaction, a situation none of us want to go through.
While all the above-mentioned locations are covered during the trip, weather conditions and prevailing circumstances may always influence the order of the above-mentioned route. With over a decade of us operating in this remote region, and with our trips remaining as organic and responsive to the vagaries of nature as possible, our itineraries remain flexible and adaptive.